This virus is moving quickly, so I am taking things day by day, and will be updating you regularly. It has now become imperative that we socially distance as much as possible to limit the spread of Covid-19, and to protect our most vulnerable loved ones and neighbors. Therefore…
I am asking the following patients to reschedule their appointments until after March 30:
- If you are 65 or older, especially with a chronic health issue.
- If you suffer from an auto-immune disease, cancer, or are otherwise immuno-compromised.
- If you suffer from lung disease, heart disease or diabetes.
- If you are pregnant (especially 2nd and 3rd trimester, as pregnancy can reduce your immune response as well as your lung capacity).
- If you know you have been exposed to Covid-19.
- If you have a fever, with sore throat, cough or difficulty breathing.
- If you have recently been traveling via airplane, especially from Asia or Europe.
- If you have recently been on a cruise ship.
- If you live with anyone or you regularly see anyone who fits any of the above criteria.
I am asking that you reschedule your appt until after March 30, at which time I will re-assess the situation. I will take this week by week and day by day for now. For anyone else, please consider coming only if you need treatment for pain relief or anxiety relief. I recommend self-isolating as much as possible right now.
I will be available for Herbal Phone Consults:
Of course, I am happy to still provide everyone your regular herbs and supplements, and you can schedule a 30-minute Phone Consult for herbs if you develop a new condition, wish to boost your immune system, or if you contract Covid-19. You will see this new option now available on the scheduling webpage.
Changes at the Office:
I will be switching the schedule to see only 1 patient per hour, for the foreseeable future. This will eliminate the number of people sitting in the waiting room, and it will give me the time needed to more thoroughly wipe down all surfaces between each patient. Of course, I am being extra diligent about the office hygiene.
The schedule change may be awkward at first, so, if you are unable to find an appointment time that works for you, please call or email.
I do not know if I have been exposed to this virus, but the possibility exists, of course, just like everyone. This is one of the reasons I am asking all the “higher risk” patients to reschedule. However, you do not have to be higher risk to contract Covid-19, or to carry it to loved ones without knowing it. If you wish to reschedule your appointment, I completely support your decision, and will waive any cancellation fees at this time.
Please be in Touch:
If you suddenly develop the symptoms of Covid-19, or learn that you’ve been exposed to someone who has it, please contact the office. I need to know ASAP if I have been exposed. Thank you for your consideration.
This could all Change:
The Covid-19 situation is likely to change very quickly, which means I may be closing the office to all in-person treatments, and providing phone consults (and possibly video consults) only, for an unknown period of time. I will keep you informed, and I welcome and encourage your communications.
Good Resources for More Info:
Tips to Stay Well:
- Wash your hands, frequently, for 20 full seconds.
- Clean all surfaces frequently, especially door handles, counters, and tables.
- Avoid crowds and gatherings. Try to stay at home unless you have to go out.
- Maintain a distance of 6 ft from people as much as possible. (Now is our time to perfect our Princess Waves and Jazz Hands greetings.)
- Get adequate sleep! Sleep is vital for adequate immunity.
- Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits for the natural vitamins, minerals and protective phytochemicals.
- Avoid foods that deplete the immune system, including alcohol, sugar, dairy products, and processed meats.
- Stop smoking… even vaping.
- Take general immune boosting supplements such as Vitamin C (250 – 3000 mg/day) , Vitamin D3 (2000 – 5000 i.u. per day), Zinc (15 to 30 mg/day), and Probiotics.
- Watch your stress levels….if you find yourself overly stressed about this pandemic, please find some stress-relief activities…such as epsom salt baths, meditation, gardening, watching a comedy, walking in nature, journaling, and counseling. And remember that for the majority of people, this virus causes mild symptoms that resolve on their own with home care.
- Stay positive…we will come through this.
Dawn Potter Acupuncture